Is Breakfast REALLY the “Most Important Meal Of The Day?”
I remember one of those days when I was younger, in a rush and skipped breakfast…and the Guilt kicked in big time!
Remembering those words that were repeated over and over again by my mum, dad and teachers who would lecture me on how “important breakfast is”.
Fast forward to today and I now know that the reasons behind the statement, “breakfast is the most important meal of the day” are mostly just MYTHS…
Numerous OBSERVATIONAL studies have been carried out, which CANNOT demonstrate causation.
One such study stated that breakfast eaters tend to have healthier habits in general. The problem is these studies only show that people who eat breakfast are MORE LIKELY to be healthier, but they CANNOT prove that having breakfast CAUSED it.
MYTH #1: Eating Breakfast Boosts Metabolism
Eating breakfast does NOT boost metabolism. Studies have shown that there is no difference in calories burned over 24 hours between people who eat or skip breakfast. So, whether you eat or skip breakfast has no effect on the amount of calories we burn throughout the day.
MYTH #2: Skipping breakfast causes weight gain
Yes, it’s true that skipping breakfast causes people to feel hungrier and eat more at lunch, but this is NOT ENOUGH to overcompensate for the breakfast that was skipped. In fact, some studies have shown that skipping breakfast may REDUCE overall calorie consumption by up to 400 calories per day…
Skipping breakfast is actually a common part of many intermittent fasting methods and it’s what I do every single day. And it’s been the best decision I’ve ever made. I dropped over 20 pounds very quickly prior to instructing a boot camp in Spain. I also have more focus and energy all day long.
Here are 7 evidence based reasons why intermittent fasting is amazingly healthy.
1. It helps weight loss happen fast — since we have fewer meals and take in fewer calories in a 24 hour period, (even if we eat larger meals). Also intermittent fasting keeps us at ideal hormone levels (lowers insulin and increases growth hormone).
2. Reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in the body. Several case studies show that intermittent fasting may enhance the body’s resistance to oxidative stress which impacts ageing and chronic diseases.
3. It may improve cardiovascular health and has been shown to improve numerous risk factors including blood pressure, LDL cholesterol, blood triglycerides, inflammatory markers and blood sugar levels.
4. It may help prevent cancer and induce cellular repair. When we fast, the cells in the body initiate a cellular “waste removal” process called autophagy. This may provide protection against several diseases including cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. Fasting has also been shown to have several beneficial effects on the metabolism that may reduce the risk of cancer.
5. It improves brain function. Studies have shown that fasting can increase Synaptic Plasticity (improve memory and learning) and increase performance. Intermittent fasting may also increase the growth of new nerve cells and increases levels of a brain hormone called brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), a deficiency of which has been implicated in depression and other brain related problems.
6. It may help prevent Alzheimer’s disease. A study revealed that intermittent fasting may delay the onset of Alzheimer’s disease and reduce its severity. The study included daily short term fasts which was able to show a significant improvement in Alzheimer’s symptoms in 9 out of 10 patients.
7. May extend lifespan. Although it is far from proven in humans, studies on intermittent fasting have shown that it may extend a person’s lifespan by up to 83% longer. Again, this is far from proven but is still powerful information.
The variety of health benefits of intermittent fasting (IF) are quite amazing and it has not only changed my life, but also thousands of my clients around the world in such a dramatic fashion…
Which is why I developed the 28 Day Bikini Body Challenge to help you achieve your weight loss goals as quickly as possible.
The 28 Day Bikini Body Challenge book series explains the science behind the plan so that you can transform your body by gaining muscle and lose body fat, teaching you the strategies of intermittent fasting to attack that stubborn body fat which, until now, has been so challenging to get rid of.
They also provide you with daily meal plans and easy to follow daily workouts, designed to create metabolic adaptions so that your body burns more fat as fuel, speed up your metabolic rate and tone your muscles. Every exercise, set, rep, rest period, tempo and execution technique is clearly explained.
No more slow progress or stalled results. This manual will give you the EXACT blueprint to continually lose fat without any road blocks so that you can finally achieve the body of your dreams.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org